Thursday, August 2, 2012

Stay informed - register with the state

When you have been victimized, you have a right to know about the case involving the person who victimized you.

Find out if an offender applies for a pardon or parole. Find out if a prisoner escapes or is on their way to a halfway house, for example.

The New Haven Register recently did a story on pardons, and the state's difficulties in tracking down victims when convicted offenders apply for pardons years later. Read the story here.  

Fill out the form, “Confidential Request for Notification of Status of Inmate,” and get registered. The form is here.

Labels: ,


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home